Call for Submissions
Calling all multi-published erotic romance authors!
Shoshanna Evers will be independently publishing a non-fiction ebook on the craft of writing hot sex scenes. The essays should be between 2,000 and 4,000 words.
Authors may quote from their own books as examples throughout their essays (keeping in mind copyright fair use laws) and provide buy links to each book they quote. Each essay will conclude with the authors’ links for their websites, blogs, Facebook, Twitter, author pages on publisher’s websites, as well as Amazon author pages.
Approximately ten essays will be accepted for publication.
This call is for erotic romance authors (or romance authors who write steamy sex scenes) who have numerous romance books previously published, preferably by more than one publisher. If you’re unsure if you’re a candidate please feel free to query first at shoshanna.evers @ yahoo. com (no spaces).
Here’s the blurb for the upcoming book
“How to Write Hot Sex: Tips from Multi-Published Erotic Romance Authors”
This collection of essays by multi-published erotic romance authors details the art of writing sizzling hot sex scenes.
Whether you’re writing sensual, steamy, or full-on explicit sex scenes, writers can learn from the authors who write and sell sexy books for a living. Do you want to write erotica? Or an erotic romance? Perhaps you just want to add some hot sexual tension to your romance novel.
This is the book for you.
Here you’ll find essays on the art of writing smokin’ hot vanilla sex, gay sex, BDSM, kink, and ménage, as well as essays on how to find paying markets and publishers for your books and short stories.
“How to Write Hot Sex: Tips from Multi-Published Erotic Romance Authors” gives you all the information you need to write sex well and get published!
Deadline: August 8th 2011
Guidelines for Submissions
• Unpublished essays only
• Author must be a multi-published erotic (or steamy) romance author, e-published is fine
• Word count: 2000 to 4000 words
• Electronic submissions only to: shoshanna.evers@ yahoo. com (no spaces)
• e-mail subject line: Submission: AuthorName _TitleOfEssay
• .rtf, .doc, or .docx attachment (essay)
• e-mail body (and put on your cover page as well): essay title, author legal name, pseudonym if any (make clear which is which), address, phone, e-mail, word count, author bio and your links
• Times New Roman; 12 pt; .rtf, .doc, or .docx
• double-spaced; number pages upper right; standard paragraphing; no HTML
• file name: AuthorName_TitleOfEssay
• You will receive an email confirming submission receipt within 7 days
• Submission decisions will be provided by e-mail by October 2011
• Payment: $50 and copy of the ebook
• Please send questions to: shoshanna.evers@ yahoo. com (no spaces)
For inquiries and submissions: shoshanna.evers@ yahoo. com (no spaces)
About Shoshanna Evers:
Shoshanna Evers is a multi-published erotic romance author. When she’s not writing hot sex, she’s a newspaper advice columnist, a registered nurse, and a stay-at-home mom. She is published with Ellora’s Cave, The Wild Rose Press and Berkley/Jove. Shoshanna is represented by Courtney Miller-Callihan of Sanford J. Greenburger Associates.
Email: shoshanna.evers@ yahoo. com (no spaces)
follow Shoshanna Evers on Twitter
friend Shoshanna Evers on Facebook